The combination of Sunday and Monday always perk me up and I am ready for another week of losing myself to the work.
I
want to take a moment and tell you how inspired the Preach My Gospel
(missionary handbook and lessons), the 12 week
Program( a system of learning for new missionaries and their trainer
companions that breaks it down into weeks were you accomplish certain
things in the week) and a new manual called Adjusting to Missionary Life
(a book that goes through different solutions to emotional ,spiritual,
mental or physical challenges we face as missionaries).From reading and
working on week 5 of the 12 Week Program I feel the Spirit of God
guiding me more. I trust God to guide me after all I can do. This
guidance has come as words to speak, feelings of calm or peace,
questions that cause those I speak to, to pause and reflect. All
together whatever is good I attribute to God speaking to me through His
Spirit (see Galatians 5:22-23)
This week we have met and
contacted some people that I have seen God preparing to except His
truths whether right now or in the future. I have learned that you are
either THE missionary that will help them realize this is God path for
them or you will be a missionary to plant seeds of truth that one day
they will recognize and find the true path. These people have relate how
they have gone through a rough time and they have been able to make it
out, somehow they say because they know they couldn't have got out by
their own power. Some know it was God, some don't know what helped them
out but they know God loves them.
I
ask you to ponder- Do you believe God loves you? Why is it important to
believe God loves you? Because God loves you what are you doing to show
your love to Him? In John 14:15 Christ says: If ye love me, keep my
commandments. I suggest you review God's commands and re-energize
yourself to more fully keep
them.
I feel inadequate to relate my
tender feelings for you. I am anxious to my God that he will bless you.
I have seen miracles.I know God directs Sister Hedley and I. One
example: The other night we had no appointments. We prayed to God to be
guided to someone that need God and His word. After a couple of failed
knocking attempts we sat again in our truck. "Let's go help Sister so
and so clean up for the night" (she owns a small pizza house nearby).
Sister Hedley agreed. So we go and tackle her dishes while she finishes
up with customers. She talks to us as she begins to help clean and tells
us of the trials and some of the blessing she has received this week.
At the end when we are done she gives us her usual 'Thank you' pizzas
and says, "I am glad you came, I needed someone to talk to." God
answered her unspoken prayers and answered our spoken plea to help
someone.
God does not
cease to be a God of miracles. Miracles come to pass
because of actions of faith in Jesus Christ.Why would God work in
miracles? Because he loves all of us. Miracles are not moving a physical
mountain or displaying a pillar of fire but the simple, small things.
How many people can we bless if we just stop and pray for someone to
help? What are we afraid of when we don't ask? Who are we thinking of
when we don't ask? We should ask and expect that God will use us for His
purposes. Are we willing to listen when He speaks?
We had a baptism of an
investigator on Saturday. Sister Hedley and I had the opportunity to
share the First Vision of Joesph Smith and our testimony of the Restored
Gospel. It was a wonderful meeting before God, and I felt the Spirit
through the whole thing. If you don't know about the first vision, read (http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/js-h/1?lang=eng) or watch it. (http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2008-06-01-the-restoration?category=feature-films). If you do know the First Vision, review and let the Spirit spark within you a feeling of love and service as you review.
God bless you and keep you, till next week,
Sister Meldrom
No comments:
Post a Comment