Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6th, 2014

Dear All,
I have a negative feeling that keeps nagging at me today. I don't feel like emailing and I don't know why. So I will try to shake off this feeling as I push through emails. 
We had a good week. The crowning event was the baptism of our 17 year old investigator. Her conversion started about a year ago with a couple of her good friends giving her a nice copy of the Book of Mormon with all of their individual testimonies for her birthday. At the time Kaylynn's mother was completely against her taking the discussions and being baptized, so Kaylynn waited and prayed patiently. About November one of her friends texted us and asked us to come to his house to teach her. We began the discussions and asked her to invite her mother to our appointments. When her mother didn't come we invited her by phone and by face to every lesson but she still didn't come. It was a bit concerning because we didn't know if her mother was truly open to it as Kaylynn had told us. We tried our best though to include her mom in everything. Before the baptism, we gave her the baptismal form to sign and she did. I internally breathed a sign of relief because I wasn't sure what her mothers take on it is and I don't want to do anything against her will. Kaylynn glowed the whole baptism. The room was filled with supportive members, as well as her mother and younger sister. The service was very spiritual and Sister Christiansen and I bore our testimony of the Restoration as Kaylynn changed after her baptism. The inspired part of the baptism, to bear testimony of the Restoration, is brilliant and we always have comments about it later. I love it because it does bring the Spirit all the more and everyone can feel it. Kaylynn's confirmation and testimony the next day was very spiritual. We did not have the opportunity to talk to Kaylynn's mom after but we will definitely keep including her and hopefully someday she will have the desire like her daughter. 
Also at church with us was another one of our investigators. I believe she felt the spirit much throughout the whole three hours and I know I gained a testimony of the importance of helping the investigators to church and helping them feel comfortable. Her attendance at church was a team effort of our invitations and members she knew invitations.
We have been more actively meeting up with ward leaders to try to receive referrals and other peoples names to visit. I have seen God blessing us, though our efforts are not perfect. It reminds me of Alma 32:27 "yeah if you no more then desire [to do better], let this desire work in you(action),even until ye believe in a manner that ye can.." I desired to do better, felt the weight of not-so-good use of the Lord's time in the past but through God's grace was able to just put one foot in front of the other this week. Now we are in no ways done with our labors(and I am thankful because Sister Christiansen and I both don't like to idle) but I pause for just a brief moment and express my sincere gratitude. I can do nothing of myself.
I feel a little better. Reflecting back on my week, I have realized that I have plenty of desire in the right direction. I just need to put a little more umph by proceeding with actions and remind myself that beating myself up is a step in the wrong directions .So thus I will try to combat my negative feeling. 
I look forward to what we can accomplish this week, one step at a time, and a whole lot of thrust and help from God's hands.
God bless you,
Sister Meldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment