Dear All,
This week we were able to get up with a investigator who has been gone
for quite a while. We mostly just tried to understand why he is
interested in learning more and we told him our purpose for inviting.
He will be gone for another two weeks but Sister McIntire and I feel
good that even if we only plant seeds, it is going to be good to share
the teachings of Christ with him. We know how they have blessed and
helped us. We know it can help him too.
On Wednesday we had the Restoration lesson with a mother and her 8
year old daughter. The two younger sisters (4 and 2) sat and listened
as well. We were glad we had planned a more visual lesson using cups
to represent different principles because all the kids were a bit
wiggly. I loved how this lesson helped to build my testimony of the
Restoration of Christ's church by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know he
did see God, our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know
they live, have bodies of flesh and bones and that they love us. All
that they do is to help us.
We had the privilege to be present as Kevin, our recreate record
investigator was baptized on Friday. The Primary room was packed full
of those that came to witness this wonderful day as well. One of my
favorite things, however, at first seemed to be a disaster. Kevin's mom,
who is not supportive and a bit anti came to the baptism after texting
Kevin nasty things. She sat in the bathroom, as far as I know for the
whole program. Through all the baptism program we could tell this was
bothering Kevin. After the program was finished he excused himself
from the 'well wishes' and went outside with his mother to talk to
her. He came back in a few minutes later with a brighter countenance
and a happy smile. He had been able to have a long hug with his mother
and they parted in love. This I loved because I and countless others
have been praying that Kevin's mothers' heart would soften because
she means a lot to him and he can barely stand the negativity. This
helped me to build my testimony that God does answer prayers and He
answers them most often with simply more strength to us to bear our
struggles. Kevin's mother isn't super gung-ho but she has accepted her
son a bit and it means the world to him. Kevin is an awesomely
courageous young man. We have been blessed and taught more then I
think we have taught him!
I am grateful for my parents who taught and showed me the example of
working hard and serving others. Service has opened more hearts then I
will even know. We have seen this time and time again, my companions
and I, throughout our missions. If ever someone wants to lighten
their burden, they only have to lift another.
I decided to put my IPad background as this picture for a while. I am
hoping it will remind me of the scene that is going on:
John 21:14 - 17
14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his
disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
15
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of
Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord;
thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest
thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee.
He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou
me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest
thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou
knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Sister Sarah Meldrom

No comments:
Post a Comment