Dear All,
I get to stay here in Lindon with Sister McIntire for another transfer! I am glad! Sister McIntire is awesome!
On Monday evening we went to a less active Sister's home that we have been trying to contact. We are also concerned for her because she is alone and going through a difficult time currently. We pulled up into her cul-de-sac and found her outside playing with her dog. We had just greeted her and got over small talk when the neighborhood sister came out as well. We stood outside talking to each other for almost an hour. Both of these sisters have had it rough the last couple of months. We shared 'Because of Him' and shared our testimonies on how the love of Christ pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart. I know that all that is unfair in life is made right, because and through Him, our Redeemer.
We have a goal as a companionship to have one baptism in our area for the month of July. We had one investigator in mind to invite and help her to baptized in July. As we met with both of our investigators on Tuesday. we realized that the investigator we were planning on helping to baptism in July wasn't feeling the desire to be baptized and the other investigator we have has the desire and is turning his life around. He has experienced a mighty change of heart and hardly anything will keep him back. He wants to make covenants with God through baptism, taking upon himself Christ's name and promising to serve him till the end. He knows only through Christ will his life here in mortality and beyond extend far beyond his imagination.
On the Fourth of July we were privileged to walk in the Provo Freedom Day Parade. Before the parade, it was like a family reunion! The whole mission was there milling about and talking to each other. It was pretty hot but there was plenty of water. In the parade Sister McIntire and I high-fived, knuckle bumped or shook anyone's hand that reached out. All in all we probably touched, squeezed or slapped 200 to 300 hands. It was so neat! One funny and also awesome thing that happened is that the little girls would come running up to where we were when they saw us coming and many of the little boys wouldn't even touch us but would do the same thing the girls did with the Elders :P You can tell who their heroes are, which is just fine, they will make fine Elders and Sisters someday, if they choose.
Sunday I had a marvelously small but meaningful experience. I was able to partake of the sacrament! Now we do partake of the sacrament every week but yesterday there was a greater sense of peace and love that I felt. I am not sure what this special experiences stems from besides God wanted me to feel extra loved and to share my experience. I bore my testimony of this in one of the Wards we attended. If any in the sight of my words is not currently partaking of the sacrament to renew their baptismal covenants I echo President Kimball's words, DO IT!
My peace and feelings are indescribable.
God is good,
Sister Sarah Meldrom
I get to stay here in Lindon with Sister McIntire for another transfer! I am glad! Sister McIntire is awesome!
On Monday evening we went to a less active Sister's home that we have been trying to contact. We are also concerned for her because she is alone and going through a difficult time currently. We pulled up into her cul-de-sac and found her outside playing with her dog. We had just greeted her and got over small talk when the neighborhood sister came out as well. We stood outside talking to each other for almost an hour. Both of these sisters have had it rough the last couple of months. We shared 'Because of Him' and shared our testimonies on how the love of Christ pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart. I know that all that is unfair in life is made right, because and through Him, our Redeemer.
We have a goal as a companionship to have one baptism in our area for the month of July. We had one investigator in mind to invite and help her to baptized in July. As we met with both of our investigators on Tuesday. we realized that the investigator we were planning on helping to baptism in July wasn't feeling the desire to be baptized and the other investigator we have has the desire and is turning his life around. He has experienced a mighty change of heart and hardly anything will keep him back. He wants to make covenants with God through baptism, taking upon himself Christ's name and promising to serve him till the end. He knows only through Christ will his life here in mortality and beyond extend far beyond his imagination.
On the Fourth of July we were privileged to walk in the Provo Freedom Day Parade. Before the parade, it was like a family reunion! The whole mission was there milling about and talking to each other. It was pretty hot but there was plenty of water. In the parade Sister McIntire and I high-fived, knuckle bumped or shook anyone's hand that reached out. All in all we probably touched, squeezed or slapped 200 to 300 hands. It was so neat! One funny and also awesome thing that happened is that the little girls would come running up to where we were when they saw us coming and many of the little boys wouldn't even touch us but would do the same thing the girls did with the Elders :P You can tell who their heroes are, which is just fine, they will make fine Elders and Sisters someday, if they choose.
Sunday I had a marvelously small but meaningful experience. I was able to partake of the sacrament! Now we do partake of the sacrament every week but yesterday there was a greater sense of peace and love that I felt. I am not sure what this special experiences stems from besides God wanted me to feel extra loved and to share my experience. I bore my testimony of this in one of the Wards we attended. If any in the sight of my words is not currently partaking of the sacrament to renew their baptismal covenants I echo President Kimball's words, DO IT!
My peace and feelings are indescribable.
God is good,
No comments:
Post a Comment