Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9th, 2015

Dear All,

There are so many things I want to include and I don't have enough time :) I am loving my new area, my new companion, the new people to meet, the fact we are walking, that I am able to do MyPlan every day and just all over being a missionary!

My new companions name is Sister Allen from Fort Worth area Texas. She is the oldest of 6 kids, was home school and both her parents are retired from the military. She is a year younger then me, born into the LDS church but fell away for a time and now is back with a strong testimony of God's love and mercy! God knew I would need Sister Allen. I am glad we are together!

I have seen how God is helping me as I try to talk to everyone I can as we walk around. I tell myself, 'Just focus on the things you love best like the scriptures, the Savior and your family and ask them for referrals.'  My companion and I have had good conversations with many people by being willing, and following through with the willingness to open our mouths!

I am not feeling particularly inclined to include anything else specific this week.. I am happy. Missions are wonderful! If you are considering serving, pray and fast about it. Giving up your time for the Lord helps Him to mold you into a better person. The most important molding however comes as you help God to help His children to come unto Him so He can make out of their lives more then they can make on their own. They partake of His love and goodness and it fills their lives. 

God is good,
Sister Sarah Meldrom 

No comments:

Post a Comment