Dear All,
Every week I see an out pouring of blessings. I wonder how I can be so blessed. I hope to always remain humble so I can be close to the Savior and receive His help because I need it.
One of the blessing this week was accidentally going to the wrong house for a 'go see this person' referral. We ended up finding this dear less active sister and her non member husband. I know God led us to them because they are open to us coming and sharing the gospel with them. The husband is angry with God for allowing his son to die some years ago and asks difficult questions but we see the kind child of God and we want to help.
We had the privilege to go to the Adult and General Session of Stake Conference and it was all SO GOOD. Among the many things that inspired me, I loved the emphasis on simplicity. Our Stake President told the conversion story of a old gentleman that simply began with a plate of cookies from a neighbor and a teenage young man taking out his trash every week. The neighbors then invited him to a Ward BBQ and it progressed from there. How wonderful that God has need of all of us, that we may learn and be blessed and our brothers with us. I liked how one speaker in the Adult Session emphasized that it is a lot less intimating for a Primary teacher to invite and visit a 'lost sheep' then the bishop, Stake President and sometimes even the missionaries.I plan on improving my messages to encourage and help members in their efforts.
One more thing I really enjoyed was what the Stake President said in the Adult and General Session, "Every missionary is called at a specific time, to a specific geographical location, for a specific purpose. Every member is likewise called at a specific time, to a specific place for a specific purpose.' God knows where, when and how He needs us, we just need to ask in faith and act. We are where we are to help those around us. As a song says, "I hear it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn and in turn we can teach them something in return." Think simple and loving and you won't go astray.
We had the privilege to attend the ordination of one of our recent converts and one of our reactivated Brothers receive the Melchizedek Priesthood on Sunday. Both were emotional and you could see the hope they realized. They have the sacred opportunity to bless others lives, just as Christ did.I know that the Priesthood is Gods power given to man for the benefit and blessing of His children.
They are one more step closer to the temple.
I feel filled as I finish this email to you. I see God supporting and helping me. So,through Him, I can support and help others. The members are a blessing. The investigators, recent converts and less active are huge blessings. My companion has become one of my best friends. I appreciate your prayers and encouragement. I plan on showing my thanks through my work and focus, as I should now and always on God's children.
"Because God is God of Heaven and Earth, how can I keep from singing?"
God bless and keep you,
Sister Meldrom
No comments:
Post a Comment