Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 17th, 2013



Hello All,

  This past week we have had the privilege to be at the forefront of a excommunicated member coming back. Excommunication is where the members records are removed from the church till they are ready to come back. It is a state of mercy because then they aren't held to the promises that come with being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It all started with a referral from a church member and a lesson with some ward members who ended up being this man and his wife's friends. The first appointment they were "yeah we want to come back" with a slight hesitation but the second appointment was a spiritual and amazing change. They know they want to return. They are ready. They know it will be a difficult road but they are ready. How glorious is our God! They came to church yesterday and he is setting a time to meet with the Stake president. 
  There was also, at church, a couple we have been trying to get a hold of but we haven't had any success. They want to come back too, so we shall visit them. The Lord is blessing this ward, that these less active members live in. He knows it is time for these sheep to come back and the members are helping them. Soon there will be two baptisms in this ward. God is blessing this ward because they are working diligently to find, retain and reactivate.

  As part of the 12 Week training, my responsibility and privilege this week was to "invite to baptism". We had two wonderful women that we taught for the first time this week. After our lessons, I had the privilege to invite them to baptism. Both sisters are going to pray and ponder about baptism. I could see that, if they were willing, God had prepared them to accept the gospel at this time. 
  We also had an appointment with an investigator we haven't seen in a while because of her work schedule. I was able to invite her to baptism as well. She is going to pray about it. I am grateful that God knew I would need these experiences this week. 

  One of my favorite things that I have experienced is feeling the Spirit as people share their stories. God has prepared all whom we run into to accept our help, whether it is to enter the waters of baptism or to continue on their journey toward Christ. What a blessing it is to be at the front of the Lord's holy army. What a serious responsibility. I pray every day I can be better then yesterday. I pray every day that I may have His Spirit. I know I am nothing and I am left to the natural man without Christ. The success I have is not my own, but my Redeemers.

I am humbled that God loves me so much. When I cry unto Him, He hears me. He pours His blessings upon me and I marvel. I wish I was stronger so I could show Him, by being excellent, how appreciative I am. Yet, I fear,I lose faith, and I become intimidated. The solution isn't to focus on myself but to focus on Him and to remember my favorite Book of Mormon scripture Ether 12:27, our weaknesses can become strengths if we are humble and have faith in Jesus Christ. I know we can be instruments in God's hands BECAUSE of our weaknesses. God knows exactly who can benefit from your unique experiences. I have been told over and over again since starting my mission: 'Be yourself'. God doesn't need the learned and perfect preacher, but He needs the humble and sincere teacher and doer of His words. By small and simple means are great things brought to pass.
God bless and keep you, 
Sister Meldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment