Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1st, 2013

Dear All,
It has been a good week despite the slow down from the Holidays and almost everyone to busy to meet with us. 

I am having a bit of a struggle overcoming the natural man of thinking of myself these past couple of days. I try not to think about myself and focus on the people we are teaching but I leave almost every lesson lately feeling like I didn't do very well and I mentally beat myself up. Perhaps I should just ignore such feelings because I am trying to be well prepared and to follow the Spirit but I always wonder if I have done enough to prepare or am I good enough to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. All of that is just thinking of myself but how do I make sure I am doing all I can. I worry about this constantly. 'Have I done my part?' 'What can I do better?' I know Jesus Christ will help me figure it out but for now I am on a roller coaster of trying to fight against feeling of being unprepared and to stop thinking of myself. Is the cure to this fluctuation of feelings just losing myself? Probably. I just make it so much more complicated then it needs to be.

 Every day there are miracles.One of the attributes of Christ in Preach My Gospel is, 'I have enough faith in Christ to accomplish anything He wants me to do- even miracles if necessary.'  I have added this to my list of Christlike attributes to work on. It seems a bit bold to me to expect miracles but even when I don't expect miracles they still happen. Every person we teach is a miracle, every member is a miracle and the ability to do the work that we all do to contribute to the Lord's kingdom is a miracle. How amazing that we have God's help behind our work. We could never do it without Him.
 
Transfers are next week - ALREADY! I am excited but also sad because there is only a 20% possibility Sister Hedley and I will remain together. Sister Hedley has been a wonderful trainer and friend to me. I will be sad to part with her one of these days. God knows exactly who we need, when we need them and what they will teach us. Sister Hedley has got me off to a great start as a missionary, been patient, counseled and love me. With the Lord as both of our guides we have learned to work together and got along well. I am forever grateful for her and to God for allowing me to work right beside her.

We helped with a charity on Wednesday, "Trees for Charity", where you decorate a Christmas tree according to a theme and for a certain cause of the decorators choice. The Sister we helped did a Cowboy Christmas theme and did it for a girl with mental disabilities. So today they auction off the trees and give the money and sometimes the buyer give the tree to the family/cause.

We ended up with 5 Thanksgiving appointments! Needless to say we ate light at each place and still ended up stuffed. Sister Hedley isn't a pie fan so I think she had a lot less dessert then me. :P I couldn't resist the apple, cherry and pumpkin pie. 

Happy December,
Sister Meldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment