Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9th, 2013

Dear All,
It has been a wonderful week. Busy, sad at times, but Sister Hedley didn't let me mope :) The wisest thing she said to me is that my mother won't always be there to celebrate my birthday and take me out to lunch as she has almost always did. It was that tough love that caused me to cry a bit more then move on. It was hard and I think I need to pray from now until Christmas that I can handle Christmas a little better. But I agree with what my mother said before I left, "This is the best way for you to leave the house for the first time. God will support you when you are sad, and He has through other people. I like to be busy in this work, it causes me to focus outward a lot better :)

My Birthday was good. I went to the temple and did a session(service) and then the Vernal Sisters and Sister Hedley surprised me to ice cream. We had dinner at a members home and she made chicken enchiladas and we had chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and MOOSE TRACKS! No one liked the moose tracks besides me so I have nearly a whole quart to myself :P They also gave me a missionary journal and a 2 dollar bill :P I got my b-day packages from my family and from my Aunt Michelle. I loved them! I also got a b-day package from my Aunt Rachel back in November and realized it was for my b-day after I opened it :P  Plenty of chocolate and cupcakes(Michelle :D) STAMPS, cards, b-day party stuff, subway gift card to just name a few things :) Thank you for making it wonderful all of you!  

We had several last new member discussions this week. No one wants to see us go but they know we have other people to help. I am grateful I have been able to see and feel their newly developed testimony and it has strengthened mine.

I am working on praying with more gratitude. But more specifically. I have my planner from the MTC that I have decided to write the needs of others as I hear them so that I do not forget what they need my help with. One new investigator this week told us she made a promise at the request of her dying husband that she would remain in the Church of Christ and keep their grown children in it as well. She was very emotional when she told us. She wants to obey his wishes out of respect and love. We encouraged her to ponder and pray and God will lead her in the right direction because He knows her. I wrote this down so I could remember her in my prayers. She also has had trouble with her eyes and I have grown in appreciation that we have the Book of Mormon on CD so even .." the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness." Isaiah 29:18 We plan on giving her the CD our next meeting.

I was looking at my emails and it looks like Sister Hedley is being transferred :( Like I said in my last email, she has been a good friend and trainer. I am a bit anxious about what I do now but I have faith that Christ will not give me anything I can't handle with Him.

Happy Transfers! May God bless and keep you, 
Sister Meldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment