Dear All,
It has been busy crazy this week :) Packing(having to go through my 6 months worth of accumulation-not fun but very good to do once and a while :) ), transfers, learning about a new area (feeling more crowded and confused then Vernal :P ), helping Sister Christiansen remember who people are :D, meeting amazing people already( including my companion!) and being helped and blessed all along the way!
Some amazing things that have happened this week have been meeting some less actives we have been trying to get a hold of. First one was on Friday when lack of communication led to no dinner at a members home. Sister Nomo (my new companion) decided we would go to a Thia place because they are all gluten free and it is good food. As we were sitting, waiting for our order, a less active sister came in and was paying for her take out order. We jumped up and went to talk to her. We small talked then ask if it was okay for us to set up another appointment. She agreed and hopefully felt a little more at ease with us then before.
The second instants was on Sunday when we were grabbing a quick lunch and getting ready to go to another ward when a Brother texted us. He told us that a less active couple, we have been trying to contact, were at that very moment sitting in Sacrament meeting. This was in a different ward than what we planned on attending. We ran over and quickly got in the back and sat down. A little bit into us sitting there a note was passed up to us. It informed us that Sister Nomo was sitting right next to them! It was a blessing to be so close for when the meeting ended they jumped right up and were leaving, and we jumped up as well and talked to them quickly in the hall. We introduced ourselves and asked if they would be interested in us coming over. They agreed and told us to call them. The Brother was nervous looking the whole time. All we know is that something happened to him in his youth at church. Hopefully the blessings and doctrine of the gospel we bring in the behalf of Jesus Christ will help to heal his scars. I know they can, if he is willing to let Christ in.
We were also privileged on Wednesday to be able to go to a missionary month kick off fireside that had a guest speaker: Tito Momen. He wrote the book, 'My name used to be Mohammad: The true story of a Muslim who became a Christian.' In the fireside, he told his story and bore his testimony of the importance of missionary work and of God's love for us and for all his children. It was an amazing story but especially amazing what God had helped him from and the Spirit that was felt. It was inspiring!
We had the opportunity to go follow up with a non member name we were given and haven't been able to get any members to help us know who he is or if he is interested. Before we went up to knock, Sister Nomo said, "You do it, I don't like to nor am I any good at it." I responded I felt the same way but will do it anyway. It was not as bad as I have done before (I have a problem with not being able to get the fear out of my voice) but still pretty choppy. He was not interested at all. At least we know now he isn't right now and at least I know what I can to improve on. Granted I agree with Sister Nomo that it is a lot more effective to have members contact and evaluate but if we ever need to 'cold contact' again perhaps I will have our number in hand and a bit of a stronger statement. God is good to me and I hope I can show my appreciation by helping people to feel the Spirit when I share my testimony.
I know that Jesus Christ lives and has a body of flesh and bone. I know that he has a plan for all of us to have happiness in this life and beyond the grave. I know that through Jesus Christ, death and hell were overcome. Hell being unhappy and not being in the presence of God. I know that one day we will rise from the grave just as Jesus Christ did and have a perfect body and be judged according to the works and desires of our heart. I know God will judge fairly and that if we have used Christ Atonement to over come our weakness and sins to the best of our ability, Christ will have made up all the difference and we will be happy in our kingdom above that we have prepared for. I am grateful for this plan of mercy, this plan of happiness. Blessed be the name of Jesus Christ!
I am grateful to my Savior. I love him. He is my Friend, Savior, Comforter, Redeemer, perfect Gardener and older Brother. 'Because God is God of Heaven and Earth, how can I keep from singing.'
Sister Sarah Meldrom
No comments:
Post a Comment