Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 24th, 2014


Dear All,

It has been a wonderful week! Some of the miracles we have seen this week are some less actives we have been working with have been reading and going to church! You can see how the Atonement and the gospel of Jesus Christ is helping them and putting that glow back in their eye!

On Wednesday we had an appointment with a less active Sister. After teaching our lesson and we were getting ready to leave, I noticed this Sister's daughter was picking at her arms. I said a silent prayer and approached her with a rubber band. I explained to her that I had the bad habit as a teenager of picking at the acne on my arms and now I have scars. I told her to play with the rubberband instead. I hope I didn't embarrass her to much. I remember people who came up to me and told me to stop and I am hoping to help this Sister to be able to change this bad habit so she doesn't have scars like mine. Discovering that playing with a rubber band has helped me, I hope it helps her.

We had a appointment with a recent convert and two nonmember kids on Thursday. The recent convert, who before has not talked much, was practically helping us teach her two nonmember cousins. I hope I never stop being amazed at what the Spirit and feeling God's love helps us to overcome and achieve!

An appointment that we had on Friday was amazing. We go to teach kids the gospel lessons and every time the father makes more and more comments. This time he bore his testimony of the importance of doing proxy baptism for the dead so that they can receive the same blessings and opportunities as we have and also of the beauty and peace of the temple. One of the kids will be 12 in November and the opportunity to invite this Brother and his son to do temple work together may be the key to their reactivation. Oh what small and simple means does God us to help all people come unto him!

It was wonderful to be able to be in the Mount Timpanogus temple this Friday. It is a beautiful temple! I especially like the blue glass on the tower of the temple. As I did proxy work for Mae from Illinois who has passed away, I felt immense joy and excitement and I can only attribute it to Mae spirit being there in the temple and rejoicing at the blessings she can receive. I am grateful for the temple. I am especially grateful I can go so often. I love the temple. I feel peace and love when I am there. I know it is where the veil that separates us and those who have passed on is thin. I have never seen anything but I have felt much that is special and sacred to me and I will never deny that God's spirit and the spirit of  those to whom work we're doing are there, in his house, the temple.

Onward, ever onward, as we glory in His name!
Sister Meldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment