Dear All,
We went on a hike with a young couple and their daughter on Monday. It was not to steep but steep enough we had to take breaks once in a while. It was so worth it because at the top was a waterfall! Often when I reflect on the beauty of the earth my mind is called back to Doctrine and Covenants 59:18(seehttps://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/59?lang=eng) , "Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for theabenefit and the buse of man, both to please the eye and to cgladden the heart;"
So how did you utilize the Easter initiative I mentioned in my last email? I loved finding something to post every day about my Savior and what is possible for me, and possible for all, because of Him! This special circumstance of sharing our thoughts and testimony of the Savior doesn't and shouldn't just be limited to special occasions and promotions. Bear your humble testimony of Jesus Christ where ever you go and to whomever you meet. We are all God's children after all and He loves all of us.
We showed everyone we met with this week the video, Because of Him. I believe everyone felt the Spirit and at least felt God's love as we shared the video and our testimonies.
We showed everyone we met with this week the video, Because of Him. I believe everyone felt the Spirit and at least felt God's love as we shared the video and our testimonies.
So we had the strangest Easter Egg hunt I have ever participated in on Saturday! It was at the patriarch and matriarch of this families home and they were also the spectator/judges. The family has a long standing tradition to do paper napkins instead of Easter Eggs due to a great-great grandmother that thought it was more proper or something like that! They had more candy then I have seen at one house! They set up the hunt in the front for the kids and after they had their candy the adults, including myself and Sister Nomo waited for the start( I might add we were wearing pants because they told us to do so) As soon as the word to start was said these adults were pushing each other to the side, diving, scooping and shouting. One injury was sustained as a brother dived onto the trampoline thinking the tennis balls on it were the eggs that he needed to get for a special prize- he got a trampoline burn instead of eggs. I wondered at why such competition and as we finished realized why: There was monetary prizes for certain collection of randomly decided treats. I had said I like dark chocolate milky ways so everyone gave me theirs after one of the judges said it wouldn't be counted- well the other judge asked who had the most dark chocolate milky ways and all their kids groaned- I had them all. I got 5 dollars and about 50 dark chocolate milky way bars to only name not even an eighth of my collected stash. It was great fun! There was other prizes given and great lunch afterwards.
I decided to fast ( go without food for 2 meals or 24 hours in an effort to be more receptive to the Spirit) this Easter for a personal concern. It was a very sweet and personal experience. There was nothing grand or spectacular but I had a feeling of peace and love the whole day. I felt the whole earth rejoicing as I rejoiced. It is hard to describe the exact feelings because it was carried by the Spirit which speaks in such a personal way to all of us. Even at the memory my heart swells and my eyes moisten just a bit. One thing I have learned about myself on the mission is when I have the unrestrained urge to cry and I feel the peace of the Spirit, I am feeling loved and cherished by God. How joyful are the words, 'He is not here [on earth], He is risen' and through Him we are all 'healed'. I know that Jesus Christ lives! I know he has a physical body, just as me and you have. He gained his body back when he was resurrected, body and spirit never to again be separated. He was resurrected and because he was resurrected, we will too. Because of Him we have a friend, and we have a way back to God and a light to lead us there, which is Christ.
I love all of you! What great reason we have to rejoice!
Sister Sarah Meldrom
No comments:
Post a Comment