Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7th, 2014

Dear All, 

Not much to say about the lessons this week. Each one is unique and special but nothing really stands out to me to share this week.

Because of stress from her daughters wedding and other problems our landlady was having, we were packed up and moved suddenly on Friday and now live with another Sister. It is a nice place to live, we have more space and softer beds.

The highlight of the week was going to General Conference. We took the train from Orem to Salt Lake, walked a few blocks and sat in section 8 in the conference center. The difference I felt being presence in the Conference Center during the Saturday Afternoon Session was one of more intimate, or real feeling. Every year we watch hours of conference but what I enjoyed the most was to see the kindness and humanity of the speakers and all the background Brothers and Sister that make it all possible. My absolute favorite part was right before Elder Hale spoke, and the choir was singing, Elder Hales was helped and set up in front of the podium, sitting in a chair. When his helpers left, President Utchdorf went up, patted Elder Hales and gave him a few words then returned to his seat. It was a wonderful moment to me because I saw how Christ-like these special witnesses of Christ are. I am grateful we have such men leading our church today. I wasn't able, nor have I been able yet to watch the Saturday Morning. My favorite talks were Elder Zwick Saturday Afternoon on relationships with others ( I need plenty of help and advice how I can be better help to my companion) and President Utchdorf, Elder Ballard, Sister Stevens and Elder Bednar's addresses were all inspiring to me. I am grateful for the Spirit that taught me more then the words they said could on how I can be a  better disciple of Christ.
Despite all that occurs, good or bad, I feel my Savior close. I burden myself with cares and concerns but I feel lifted from conference and strengthened to carry on. I am grateful He is always there, else I won't be able to do anything. I won't be able to keep going when I don't feel like it. Jesus Christ grace and mercy isn't waiting for us at the end of the tunnel, but is helping us every step of the way.
Sister Sarah Meldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment