Dear All,
On Tuesday we ended up with two dinners. The second one we had was with a Sister and her 6 neighbors. She had took our suggestion of fellowshipping her neighbors seriously and invited all her neighbors to a dinner. She had invited her less active neighbor but he didn't come. We had a wonderful time with those who did come and look forward to another get together! This dinner was a success because it built this sisters confidence in serving others, those invited felt loved and we got to know more people. Service can be that simple!
On Sunday we went into Primary and taught the kids about the Plan of Salvation and let them ask questions about being a missionary. It was neat to spend the whole two hours singing and learning along with these sweet spirits. When we would ask them questions they would answer with the simplest answers like, 'Because Jesus loves me.'
I have noticed here and there throughout my life that at times I feel more hopeful and lifted then other times, as I am sure all of us experience. I know it is the Spirit comforting me when I feel lifted. I feel it most often when I fast. I want to have that feeling as much as possible. It isn't the absence of trials and responsibility, but the effect of the Atonement of Christ and his Spirit in my life. With these thoughts, I will tell you of something that I have paid close attention to recently, but especially yesterday, the Sabbath.
I was feeling a bit stressed, not overwhelmed but the emotions of facing responsibility. I can't point exactly to what led me to ponder this but I pondered on these two words that came into my thoughts, Eternal Perspective. The complete thought I have about these two words is hard to put into words because they are more of an accumulation of my life experiences, fears and most importantly,what I have been taught by the Spirit. As a visual of Eternal Perspective, I envision standing in front of a mirror that is on a wall and faces another mirror on the opposite wall. You see yourself going on and on in the reflection. This is what our lives are like. It didn't begin with birth, neither does it end at death. Often when we feel our lives weighed down it is because we are only looking inward and at just a brief portion of time or situation.
My encouragement today is, if you desire, step back and try look at the bigger picture and not just the smudges in the painting. The big picture, the unending truths, is that God loves you! You will overcome whatever comes your way with Christ bearing your loads right beside you, as you and Him have done before. This is why being yoked to Christ is so essential. He is the way for us to return back to God, the source of all truth, and the light of the world.
Happy May!
Sister Sarah Meldrom
No comments:
Post a Comment