Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8th, 2014

Dear All,

I want you all to know that I am healthy and happy :) It a great time to be a missionary!

On the third of September I has having a difficult day. It was one of those days where you felt like something was wrong internally. I wasn't teaching well or making any sense and my mind was sluggish. I prayed every opportunity I could on my knees to help me and plead with God in my heart the rest of the time. The only reason I could think why I would be feeling this way was because the adversary wanted to push me as far down as he could. It was a struggle all day and I finally decided before dinner that I was going to fast, dinner and on. It was all I could think to do. I told myself if it wasn't any better tomorrow I would get a blessing. I was a little frustrated with myself that I was even feeling this way. The package I received from my family helped cheer me up.
When I woke up the next morning, peace. I was full of gratitude and the Spirit. Even though we had an unusually crazy cancellation and run here and there day I was happy ALL day! Just another testament to me that God DOES hear and answer our prayers and when we trust in Him, he never fails us or forsakes us. Even when an answer doesn't come as quickly, it comes and we then feel His sweet peace.

Our investigator Peterson is still pressing forward toward his baptism with zeal. Every lesson we had this week he didn't talk much before saying, 'Let's offer a prayer. I want to learn.' We are excited for his baptism on the 20th. He has such a big, loving heart. He also can feel and recognize the Spirit so easily. He tells us of confusing or 'not right' feelings he has has and of good, helpful ones as well. He wants all of his friends and family to enjoy the blessings he has. He is a good example to me.

We found out on Saturday that a less active brother that Sister Garding had gone on splits to went to church AND bore his testimony of how he wants to change his life! It is amazing what the Spirit can do when we allow it in!

We met another amazing man on Thursday that is turning his life around and wants to serve a mission as soon as he can. He recognizes that the current peers he has now, and the place he currently lives, will not help him to get there. He plans to move to Arizona once he has enough money. I admire him a lot! He is only 18.

These amazing people and my own experience has added to my testimony that 'through God anything is possible'. I know that He knows us individually and His love has no end.

God is good to me!
Sister Sarah Meldrom

No comments:

Post a Comment