September 29th, 2014
Dear All,
I would appreciate all the prayers I can get! I received a call from the mission president this morning and I am training a new missionary! I am excited, nervous and have a mixture of thank you for the trust Heavenly Father/ WHAT?! More next week! AHHHHH
We had a wonderful Area Book app update this week! We can now have reoccurring events! So we put Lunch, Dinner, Studies and Weekly Planning in for the rest of forever :)
When we moved a couple weeks ago we found a stack of papers of old paper records from last year. We have slowly been going through them since and one name in particular turned out to lead to a significant and wonderful miracle this week. Kim was taught by Sisters a year ago to learn more about the gospel. We contacted her to see how she was doing and she asked us to come over. We schedule an appointment for a couple days later. When we got there we got to know her a bit and then she opened up. She has been struggling with the Law of Chastity. She didn't say exactly what and we didn't ask either. We shared some scriptures and bore our testimony of God's love. She is a wonderful individual who wants to work toward receiving her endowments. She is already doing the simple things: Church, Prayer and Read scriptures, as well as meeting with her Bishop, so we decided with her to bring extra help through going through the discussion again. From the moment I met her, I loved her. Is she not like all of us? Constantly in need of the Great Physician, even Jesus Christ? How gentle is His touch that heals any wound we have caused to ourselves or a wound inflicted by others. Turn to Him, He loves you! He will heal you!
Our investigator Trinity, was baptized on Saturday. She just glowed as she hugged her step father after being immersed and didn't like going in front of all the ward in Sacrament meeting to be confirmed but her baptism has blessed her whole family. One person in particular is her older sister Jesse. Jesse isn't a member either and wasn't interested as we taught Trinity. But at Trinity's baptism she kept weeping and then on Sunday night when we came over for our appointment with Trinity we learned that Jesse is reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it! I just love these two sweet daughters of God!
General Women's meeting was great! I loved Sister Marriott remarks. She is just so relate-able to me, and all of us! I love how she quoted Barbara Thompsen, "To whom much is required, much more is given". I have been given so much! God is good!
Sister Sarah Meldrom
No comments:
Post a Comment